Who we are
Get Credit Union Network, Inc. and its affiliates, and, if applicable, Get Credit Union Network Trust (collectively, “Get Credit Union,” “we,” “us,” “our”) are committed to your privacy and security online. This policy describes how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information in connection with your use of www.getcreditunion.com and any of its subdomains (the “Site”) and the products and services offered on the Site, Get Credit Union Network Trust.
Get Credit Union collects, uses, stores, and shares information in connection with its products and services, including:
- the referral and loan comparison services we offer when you visit the Site and request conditional offers from Get Credit Union, banks, and other third-party licensed lenders (“Creditors”) for whom we may act like a marketer, service provider, or loan servicer of their loan;
- as servicer and administrator to Get Credit Union Network Trust and confident loan investors on whose behalf it is acting; and
- when you authorize Get Credit Union to send or receive your Information to access certain additional products or services on the Site.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change how we operate and provide our services, including adding new services, modifying existing services, or suspending, discontinuing, or terminating your access to any or all portions of our services, as described below.
What Information do we collect
The personal information we collect depends on the products and services you use. The Information includes:
- Your name, address, phone number, email, date of birth, social security number, and documents or other media that verify your identities, such as your driver’s license, passport, and video calls you make at our request;
- Information such as your credit history, credit scores, and other information provided by consumer reporting agencies;
- Information about your loan account and your payment history;
- Information we receive from third-party data partners for verification purposes, including to verify your identity and manage risk;
- Information about your education, such as your degree, your college, your major(s), and your grades, including your college transcript;
- Your bank information such as your bank, your account numbers, bank account credentials, and transaction information;
- Information about your employer, current income, assets, and certain expenses, including concerning your current employment, employment offers, bank account credentials and transaction information, tax returns, W-2, brokerage statements, and pay stubs;
- Information about your computer, mobile phone, or other access device and anonymous Information about your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, geolocation data, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
Please note that Upstart only provides its services and offerings to consumers based in the United States and, therefore, is not subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How we collect Information
We collect information about you:
- Directly from you when you register on the Site and use the Site and our products and services; fill out forms or fields such as when you request a loan offer or apply for a loan or to be an investor; through the services you opt-in to, such as when you receive third-party loan offers or choose automatic bank account verification; from your transactions, including your security purchases, loan repayments, account funding and withdrawals; and your communications with us.
- Automatically from you when you visit the Site or use the products and services available on the Site:
- We collect certain information from your computer, mobile phone, or other access devices that are automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Site;
- We automatically record certain log file information such as IP address, browser type, and what you do on our Site;
- We may also employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons), which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously;
- We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to you to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients;
- We (or companies we work with) may place small data files called cookies or pixel tags on your computer or other devices.
- You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your site use. The legal help section of most browsers or browser add-ons provides instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
- From third-party service providers, including Information, we request on your behalf from credit reporting agencies such as TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian, Information we receive from third-party data partners who supplement or verify Information we collect from you, and Information we access from public records or websites.
- From third-party referral partners that you engage with who may pass certain information about you and your use of their Service to us. This could include any information you have permitted the third party to share with us and any information you have made public in connection with that Service. Therefore, you should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before visiting the Site.
How we use the Information, we collect
We collect this information from or about you to:
- provide you and other customers with access to the products and services offered through the Site;
- improve our insights so we can tailor our content and advertising, and provide you with offer recommendations or insights that are most relevant to you;
- provide notices and other information to you about, or in connection with, these products and services;
- provide customer support;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, fulfill legal requirements and enforce our agreements;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- provide, maintain, develop and improve our services, your experience, and protect Upstart and its users; and
- improve your experience accessing the products and services offered through the Site by recognizing you as a customer and remembering the information you previously provided so that you will not have to re-enter it.
How we protect your Information
We care about your information’s security and take reasonable measures designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and use by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications from us at all times. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Suppose any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security. In that case, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps by any applicable laws and regulations.
Links to or from other websites and services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any third party, websites, or services linked to or from the Site, including any information or content they contain.
Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or Service, including those with a link or advertisement on the Site, are subject to that third party’s rules and policies, including their terms and conditions and privacy practices.
In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third parties you authorize to access your user content. If you are using a third-party website or Service (like LinkedIn) and you allow such a third-party access to your user content, you do so at your own risk.